Friday, July 1, 2022

The Great Grocery Store Incident

I went shopping today and while in the store, I visited the cereal aisle. There were what I call Coco Fruity Puffs, cereals loaded with sugar, preservatives, artificial coloring, etc.

My stomach took one look and thrust me against the grocery cart. It said, “If you eat one bite, I will use your hands to strangle you."

I said, “Wait! This is just what we need. If we can survive eating these cereals, we could survive a nuclear war, as cockroaches could do.”

"Why don't you just feed me asbestos and end it all now," yelled my stomach. 

And then after a loud gurgle, my stomach shouted, “I’m outta here," slamming my shirt behind it.

Because we were making a scene, customers and clerks had gathered at either end of the aisle to see what was going on.

"You can't leave it like this," a woman called to me. "You have to make peace." 

To make peace, I caught up with my stomach in the parking lot pleading, “If you will stay I will eat healthy foods and no Coco Fruity Puffs.”

“OK,” it replied. “I forgive you. But never visit the cereal aisle again.” I agreed, and added, “Nor will we ever speak of this incident again.”

With Love To All - Dick

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment