Friday, June 30, 2023

Pitching A Perfect Game

Inspired by Domingo German pitching a perfect game for the New York Yankees over the Oakland A’s (he got all 27 batters out) two nights ago, last night I pitched against a team of peewee leaguers. (ages 6 and 7)

Unfortunately, they hit all my pitches until my manager, my 10 year old grandson Ikaika took me out of the game. We were losing 27 to 0.

“Don’t worry,” he said. “You’ll do better next time.” Thanks for the reassurance, I replied. “You are welcome” he said. “I’m demoting you to the preschool league."

I feel very good about this. At that level, I may be the next Domingo German.

With Love To All - Dick

Dear Reader, I have an update to this story:

Pitching to preschoolers didn’t work out well either, they pounded my pitches!

The only lower league is Mommy Day Care and I think I will be great as many of the batters are distracted by diaper changes.

I wonder if this happened to Domingo German before pitching for the Yankees?


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment