Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Possible New Savior

"I'm going to run for Savior," my friend Willis Wonk-Wonk told me. "But there already is one," I replied, stunned by his statement.

"Yeah," he answered. "But no-one's seen him in 2,000 years, and the world is in a tremendous mess. Someone's got to do something about it."

"How are you going to capture the world's attention," I asked.

"In the way it's been done for many years," he replied. "I'm going to Hollywood! Specifically Hollywood Boulevard!"

"Aren't there already a lot of people on Hollywood Blvd. making a lot of crazy claims," I asked. "Sure," he replied. "But none are running for Savior."

"What Savior credentials do you have," I asked. "What Savior credentials does the current guy have?" he replied.

"Billions of people claim he is the son of God," I replied.

"Well so am I," he answered. "And so are you, and so is everyone else, for we are all God's children."

"Don't you think being The Savior is a dangerous job," I asked. "The current guy got nailed to a cross."

"That was then," answered Willis. "Today most people are much lazier. They will just condemn me on social media."

"What happens if you don't get elected," I asked.

"It's no problem," he replied. "I understand there is no effective U.S. President, or effective U.S. Congressional leadership. I'll just pick one of those jobs."

"But whatever happens," he added, as he looked at me sternly, "No-one will ever forget the name Wonk-Wonk."

With Love To All - Dick


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment