Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Seeking Peace

In the news, Quiet Parks International, a nonprofit group is designating silent areas in nature, no human noise, and encouraging everyone to seek this silence. So I drove up to Yosemite alone, because they are advising us to avoid human noise.

Once I got there, I went to the famous Yosemite Lookout but there were too many cars for me to find parking. Finally, I abandoned my car on the side of the road and asked a Park Ranger where I should go.

He said there were many fine places of silence. He then handed me a group of bells and told me to wear them at all times, and jingle them often, so that I do not startle any bears, mountain lions or other dangerous creatures.

Trying to avoid poison ivy, I sat down next to a tarantula, who did not appreciate my company. As I fled, I barely managed to avoid a rattlesnake. 

Having attained no peace of mind, I got back on the freeway for Los Angeles, thankful for all the traffic, and the noise, as I set my radio loudly on rock ‘n’ roll. 

With Love To All - Dick

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment