Monday, June 10, 2024

Tax Breaks For The Wealthy

Over the weekend here in the US, Republicans promised additional major tax breaks for corporations and for wealthy people.

Given the huge national deficit, at first, I was worried, but then I realized this is how the Bible guides us. 

Acts 20:35, Jesus is quoted as saying, “it is more blessed to give than to receive,” and I realized it is more blessed for the poor to give to the rich.

Wanting church confirmation, I texted Pope Francis, who replied, “That’s right! We never pay any taxes and who is wealthier than we are?”

I realized that because of the Republicans, this could be a miracle comparable to Jesus turning water into wine. Or today, turning water into champagne. I lit a candle, bowed my head in reverence, and began singing, “God Bless America.”

With Love To All - Dick

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment