Sunday, December 3, 2017

The 2nd Coming Of Jesus

I saw him right in front of me, silently picking up litter.

He had long brown hair tied in a pony tail, copper colored skin and dark eyes. He wore old khaki green pants, a plaid red shirt and faded white athletic shoes.

He was about 5-feet, 6-inches tall and trim.

“Who are you,” I asked. “I’m Jesus,” he said softly, as he smiled.

“If you’re Jesus,” I replied, “Why don’t you seek fame? Why don’t you tell the world you’re here?”

“For more than 2,000-years,” he answered, “I’ve been famous, but my teachings have largely been ignored. So now I just practice what I teach.”

“Those with good hearts will recognize me in themselves and act accordingly,” he continued. “My presence isn’t important, their presence is.”

He then turned to a group of homeless men sitting several yards away. “Are you hungry,” he asked. They all said, “yes.”

“Come with me,” the man said, as he turned and walked to a little cafe. Soon all the men sat on outdoor cafe benches, their table filled with food.

He then smiled, and walked back to me. “You see how easy it is to help others,” he said. “Love them, don’t judge them, and offer a helping hand.”

I stared at the men, and then turned to Jesus, but he was gone.

And then I heard the words, “It isn’t me that counts, it is you, and how you honor my teachings.”

With Love To All ~ Dick


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment