On September 17, 1949, Warner Bros. launched the cartoon series, Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. It became so popular, they kept making new ones until 1966, totaling 48 cartoons. And as reruns, they remain very popular today.
Curious what became of the characters, I learned they now live in the Motion Picture [Retirement] Home in Woodland Hills, California. I couldn't resist visiting them and asking them some questions.
DK: Wile, how did you take so many huge falls and survive them?
Wile: I had stunt doubles. Whenever you see me fall, the director yelled cut, and a stunt double made the fall. Sadly, because we did multiple takes, 356 stunt doubles lost their lives.
DK: Roadrunner, did you ever try out for other roles?
RR: I did, but I was type cast. I tried out for Romeo and Juliet, but I spoke in meeps and beeps to Juliet, and she and the audience laughed me off the stage.
DK: Guys, what are your plans now?
Wile: I'm thinking about running for governor of California. I am more qualified than the current governor, and this could be a steppingstone to the presidency.
RR: I'm thinking about trying out if they make a new Titanic movie, and playing the role of Jack. I have acting range and good looks way beyond Leonardo DiCaprio.
With Love To All - Dick
No comments:
Post a Comment