Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Looking Where It Is Most Convenient

Yesterday my neighbor Raymond was crawling around on his front lawn looking for something.

"Can I help you," I asked. "Sure," he replied. "I'm looking for my car keys."

"Where did you last see them," I inquired. "In my garage," he answered.

"Then why are you looking for them on your front lawn," I asked.

"Because the light is much better out here," Raymond replied.

With a smile I nodded my head in agreement, for isn't that what most of us do, seek the answers to our problems where it is easiest to look.

"Okay Raymond," I said, "I'm happy to help you," as I got down on my hands and knees and crawled around the grass alongside of him.

Dick
Thank you to Leo Buscaglia (1924 - 1998) who many years ago shared a similar story during one of his inspiring PBS television presentations. Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment