Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Licking A Sonoran Desert Toad

On October 31st, The U.S. National Park Service issued a Facebook alert: Do not lick Sonoran Desert Toads! Why?

The little toads emit a potent hallucinogenic toxin, meaning licking these little guys can cause you to hallucinate.

Now you may be thinking Dick, this is just what I want, especially when I can lick these little toads for free. 

My advice: Don't do it! Don't give these little guys a saliva bath. They are not known for their cleanliness and they don't appreciate your tongue.

To get a Sonoran Desert Toad's viewpoint I drove to the desert, and saw one sitting on a rock.

"Hi, my name is Dick," I called out. "May I ask you a question?" "Sure," she replied. "And my name is Maria."

"Maria, do you mind when humans visit you?" "Not at all," she replied. "But just don't lick us. Your mouths are filthy with bacteria."

"Please enjoy us," Maria continued. "We are fun and photogenic, and you can take our pictures."

"But don't put tiny hats or "Groucho" glasses and mustaches on us. It's embarrassing."

"And," she added. "We love you guys, but we don't lick you. So please don't lick us. Be respectful."

With Love To All - Dick 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment