Wednesday, May 1, 2024

How Old Is Old?

I’ve met 35-year-olds who were old and tired and 70-year-olds who were young and active. Athletes are old at 40 and airline pilots must retire at 65. Politicians always see themselves as eternally young.

So to determine how old is old, I asked some five-year-olds that question. “I think 12 is very old,” said Heather. “You’re not old until you’re 25,“ replied Billy. “My mom is 40 years old and she’s still young,” said Jose.

Being 79, I asked the kids if I’m old. “YES!” they shouted.

I then went to a retirement home to ask the same question. “You’re old at 90,” replied 85-year-old Mildred. “No, you‘re not old until you reach 100,” said 92-year-old Sam. “I am 100 years young,“ replied Robert. I then asked the senior citizens if I am old.

“YOU’RE A KID!” they shouted.

So the answer to, “How old is old?” seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Of course I am forever young at heart.  And may you too be forever young at heart. ❤️

With Love To All - Dick


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment