Friday, January 12, 2018

Praying For Satan

“Why do you pray for me,” said Satan. “I’m the prince of darkness, the damnation of hell.”

“Because if I don’t pray for you, who will,” Sid replied.

“But you’re ruining my image,” Satan shouted. “I want people to hate and fear me, not feel sorry for me.”

“That can’t be helped,” said Sid. “I pray for those in need as God guided me. No-one is more in need than you.”

“You’re right,” sighed Satan. “But keep it a secret between God, you and me, or I will become a laughing stock to evildoers everywhere.

With Love To All ~ Dick
Thank you to Mark Twain whose words inspired this Fable: "But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needs it most?" Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment