Friday, January 27, 2023

Talking To Your Houseplants

The Washington Post recently ran a story, “The case for talking to your houseplants.” Inspired, I called a meeting of my roses:

“You know guys, even in the cold you can still flower.”

“Yes,” replied Rosa Maria, “And we would if you gave us space heaters to keep us warm and cozy. You could also slow drip some hot chocolate into us.”

Sensing revolt was in the air, I hugged them all and promised to do better. “And one more thing added Rosa Maria, “Keep the dogs away from us! We are not an outhouse!” “OK," I said.

Sadly, I lowered my head and slinked away. And I’m about to write an angry letter to The Post telling them their story is untrue. It was my roses not me, who felt better from our talk.

But I have to end this story now. My dog is about to lift his leg over Rosa Maria and I’ve got to try to stop it. I have a feeling I’m about to have a wet leg.

With Love To All - Dick

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment