Saturday, February 4, 2023

Forgiving The Witches

“After nearly 400 years, Connecticut is considering posthumously exonerating the people, mostly women, accused of witchcraft in the 17th and 18th centuries.”

Alse Young was the first women, hanged May 26, 1647. Wanting to know her reaction to possibly being exonerated in 2023, I went to a spiritual medium, who then brought Alse into the room.

“You must be pretty excited about the possibility of being found not guilty, after 376-years,” I said.

“Are you frigging kidding me!” she shouted. “Do you have any idea what it was like to be humiliated in public, and then hanged for a crime I did not commit?”

“No,” I answered. “It doesn’t sound good.”

“Doesn’t sound good!” she screamed. “My whole family was humiliated, and shunned by the community. And they were broke after paying my lawyer and court costs!”

“Yes,” I said, “But Connecticut may sort of say it is sorry. How about that?”

“I will accept that, as long as they pay reparations to my survivors,” she answered. “Ahhh, I don’t think Connecticut wants to pay anything,” I said.

“So it is an empty gesture,” she replied. “This is ridiculous!”

“Okay,” I answered. “But you may never see them reach out like this again. It took them 376-years to do it now and it may take another 376-years for them to do it again.”

“Good!” she shouted. “Tell them this is my response,” as she raised her middle finger and left the room.  

With Love To All - Dick

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment