Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Deporting Jesus

Seeing on TV the US’s immigration crisis with Latin America, and seeing images of children seized from their parents and put in cages, I visited to see it for myself.

On the Mexican side of the border, I immediately recognized Jesus, even though like many of the immigrants, he had olive colored skin and black curly hair. He was in the deportation line because he didn’t qualify for asylum.

“Why did you come,“ I asked him. “I go where poor people are in need,“ he replied.

“My purpose is to appeal to the consciences of those in power on their behalf.”

“Does It work,” I asked. “Only if  the vast mass of people get involved,” he stated.

“It’s odd,“ he added. “Billions of people claim to be Christians yet most ignore my teachings rather than get involved.“

“What is a Christian,” he said, “If they don’t protect the most vulnerable from those who harm them. In their inaction, they are as guilty as those committing this evil.”

“Is there hope,” I asked. “Yes,” he replied. “As each of you speak for those who have no voice. Already, you ended the barbaric act of children being separated from their parents and put in cages.”

“Just think what else you can accomplish when you speak from the heart, and not from prejudice and fear. You can bring justice to these immigrants and help others in need everywhere.”


With Love To All ~ Dick Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment